HTC One M9 has been presented at MWC and probably by now is available in most parts of the world. Either if you have one already, or you read the good (and bad) reviews or played with one in a store, most likely you made up your mind about it. Would you upgrade your current phone to HTC One M9? Will go for other flagship phone? Or you are happy with your current phone. Leave your thoughts below, and here’s my 2 cents about it:
– design is more refined
– SoC is more powerful (but is pretty hot)
– bigger battery
– Sense 7 (which is still best custom UI)
– more RAM (again looks good on papers, but 64 bit eats more memory, so is kinda of the same)
– same display as last year (well better colors, but same PPI and tech). QHD might be overkill but when the competition offers it might be good to include it especially when the retail price is about the same as competition’s.
– Camera. is better than M8’s but only for the MPX count. In not ideal lighting conditions M8 runs circles around the M9 Camera. Duo Camera was nice on M8, why ditch it? OIS becomes a default feature in most flagships this year.
– The design – while they took the aluminium build to perfection but i’m baffled that not even on 3rd generation HTC didn’t find an engineering solution to ditch once and for all the HTC black bar below the screen? Remove that and you have space for a 5.2 screen without increasing the phone size.
– Lack of features: Wifi charging is out of the question due metal body (or so I hear), but a fingerprint sensor would have been appreciated and QuickCharge 2.0 charger in the package would have been nice. There are no deal killers features but when others offer all this and more for about the same price makes you think.
And on top of everything HTC launched M9+ just for Asia which has all the above included but a weaker SoC and is not available world wide. I would have liked M9+ with M9 SoC, and without the HTC logo below the screen, add OIS and F1.8 to camera and HTC would have won the crown this year uncontested even if the price would have been say 50 bucks higher.
I’ll get the M9 because I’m a sucker for Sense and as i said is still BY FAR the best custom UI for Android but I won’t do it without second thoughts.
What’s your 2 cents about M9 ? Leave your thoughts below.
https://insertcoin-roms.org/wp-content/uploads/site2-1-300x84.png00baadnewzhttps://insertcoin-roms.org/wp-content/uploads/site2-1-300x84.pngbaadnewz2015-04-09 10:14:422015-04-09 10:19:39To M9 or not to M9?
Here are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)